A Team of Two: How to Improve Communication With Your Boss
Effective communication is critical to professional success—especially when it comes to working with your boss. With so many emerging technologies and new workplace trends, clear and productive communication between manager and assistant is more essential than ever before.
No matter what your supervisor's management style, it's critical to establish effective communication. Even if you get along just fine with your manager and have never had any problems, it is important to determine preferences and areas for improvement, whether you are communicating about routine day-to-day matters, emergency situations or performance reviews. Don't wait until there's a problem to work on enhancing communication!
Whether you have worked with your boss for several years, have a new supervisor and don't know what to expect, report to multiple managers or have recently been promoted to a supervisory role yourself, "A Team of Two: How to Improve Communication With Your Boss" will help you to establish and enhance the lines of communication with your manager, establish good working relationships and avoid misunderstandings.
Join Catrina Simbe of OfficeTeam as she discusses the importance of establishing strong lines of communication in the office and presents ten proven strategies for communicating with your boss, such as providing the right amount of information and adapting to your manager's personality. Audio conferences are an easy, effective and inexpensive way to keep your skills up-to-date.
Here's What You'll Learn:
- How to evaluate your manager's communication preferences and tailor your messages accordingly.
- How to identify the best times for communicating with your boss.
- How the form of communication affects your message and which medium to use in certain situations.
- How strengthening your listening skills can help you to become a better communicator.
- How to ask your boss for a raise, recover from miscommunication and handle other challenging situations.
- How to manage communication when reporting to multiple managers.
- How to communicate with others if you're the boss.
(Check all that apply)